viernes, 21 de junio de 2019

POST 8 >> A SUBJECT I'VE ENJOYED STUDYING THIS SEMESTER

Well, particulary this semester I have enjoyed all the subjects. In previously occasions of the class, I have mentioned one of them or things about it: Psychosocial Trauma. But today I will talk about another subject of this semester that I like very much: Psychosocial approaches to quotidian life. It is teached by María José Reyes, a great teacher who matters much the content of the class as the way how it is done, including the participation of the students. Consequently, one important thing that we do in every class is to sit in circle. For the teacher, when the class takes this form, the relations between its participants have differences in its dynamics, so the class happens in a totally different way: more horizontally, more equally, and able to us too see each other faces. The contents that we have seen include theorical and methodological approaches to undestarnd, conceive and investigate the quotidian life, from different epistemologies of social and human sciences. Also, we have to present logbooks of observations that we made in quotidian spaces along the semester (my group made observations in the market, other group made observations of street christian preachers, etc). Just yesterday was the turn of my group to present a text of Shotter called "The conversational font of social life", that talks about the interesting things that happens in our conversations, as a web and as individual and unique events of our daily life, and the daily life of the cultures, and how it builds our social reality and our ways to think and behave.

I like very much this subject for two important reasons: It talks about fundamental levels of the psychosocial phenomenons, and consequently it gives relevance to quotidian life in its observation and analysis.

3 comentarios:

  1. María José is an amazing teacher and I can't imagine a bad subject from her. I think you show it in your words.
    Thank for sharing this!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very good the subject: Psychosocial approaches to quotidian life. I'm your classmate, and I love the subject too!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It's sound like a very interesting class. I would like to have a class with her because of the good comments of her students :)

    ResponderEliminar