My favourite piece of technology is the computer.
I practically grew using it and playing in it. Our first computer arrived to our house before me (of my birth). We called it "Panchita", and we use to say "Can I use the Panchita mom?". And when I talk to my friends I tell them that "I like to play to the Panchita", and most of them didn't understand me. Today I know that was a strategy of my parents to avoid the stealing of the computer in our neighborhood. After that came the "Panchita II" (rip), "Panchita III" (rip), "Panchita IV", and my personal notebook, that I most use in the present to study and entertainment.
I remember my interactions when I was a child, with a lot of games like Tim 2, Starcraft, Doom, and others; and also programms like Paint and Power Point. In most of these games and programms, what I loved to do most was to create things and share them. I played a lot with my brothers. But I also learnt to read very fast because of the computer (and the silabario), and I even learnt a lot of english words in those moments, specially in games with no options to play it in spanish. Today I do works, I study and in my freetime play games and watch movies.
I remember that me and my brothers used it a lot, almost every day and every time we can. I even remember that our grandma often said to us that we stop using "that thing" and that we play in the courtyard. Today I use it frequently, but less than the old times.
For me is very important because my relation with the computer bringed to me a lot of ideas and enhance my imagination and creativity. Today I used most like a tool to work and study, but sometimes I play again some games.
I think that today is very hard to imagine our lifes and society without the computer and the technology related to it; nothing would be the same, and neither I.

Hahahaha! You surprise me, I didn't think in that tool. Let's say, this piece of technology is my number two <3
ResponderEliminar