I'll talk about concerts. In my life I have participated in a lot of gigs as a performer with some metal or rock bands, and a few concerts as a spectator. In both cases there are some very good memories, nice experiences that I will never forget, specially in the cases when I was a performer. There are also some presentations and a particular concert that I didn't enjoyed that much, but in a long-term they also get special in some way, sometimes as a learning maybe. I could tell about the deep and inmersing experience in a concert of Interfæce (a Tool tribute band), or the goddamn great moment that I lived and enjoyed in a concert performed by Alice in Chains and Judas Priest (and other bands that I didn't care) at Movistar Arena (not a very good place for metal concerts). But I will talk about the goddamn awesome moment that me and my friends lived in a gig where my main band, Drainer, had the chance to participate. It was an event organized by students of FACSO to help to the mother of a student that died in a unfortunate accident. It was prepared in a week, and a lot of people prepared and brought things to sell. The idea of the gig was to attract the people to the place and that they buy the things. All happened at Patio de los olivos, and me and Drainer were ready to join the cause. The gig started at three o'clock or something like that, and it lasts like 5 or 6 hours. All bands and performers had 15 minutes to make their shows. A lot of students were there, and our friends went to hear us when we played. But is was not easy. We were almost the last ones, but the last ones talked to us to change our turns, and we accepted. That was good because my brother, the bassist, was getting late! But it was also complicated because there were delays in the event, and the FACSO personal were about to cut off the energy, and we were about to be the only band that wouldn't play! So the organizing group talk to us very worried and stressed, and I understood because making a gig is usually really hard and sometimes a real f****** s***. So I told to them, specially to the man in charge of the soundboard, that they explain the situation to the FACSO workers, asking for a little more time, and that they talk about the objective of the event. So everything worked, and we had exactly our last 15 minutes to do everything. So, for that moment, we passed from being nervious to being dying to play after we prepared, so the energy and electricity and atmosphere and the sound and everything were just goddamn cool and awesome, and we really enjoyed, one of our best performances, and one of my best life experiences. Here a video about it, it was in 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWVIB7pbaTQ
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario